Saturday, October 25, 2014

Updated Conky Config

Made a few little tinkering updates to the previous conky config (thanks for the CPU graph tip JB).

Rather than try and paste the .conkyrc file in here (which is difficult to copy/paste and doesn't fit properly in this blogger template), I'll just link to it in my repo: https://bitbucket.org/ashonit/config/src/2c99ecffce6140874d3408b8eb413c377da86abb/.conkyrc?at=default

Install lm-sensors and run sensors-detect in order to get CPU temps to show.

The most difficult thing I've found is getting fan readings, since hwmon was removed from the Ubuntu repos, there doesn't seem to be a replacement. I haven't been able to find a reliable way to query the file-system for current RPM values either -- if anyone knows, please let me know!

Screenshot of the latest setup:

No comments:

Post a Comment